Up to £48,000
Health and Social Care Services (HASCs)
Complex Care Regional Nurse Manager
Up to £48,000
Health and Social Care Services Limited (www.hascs.co.uk) is a fully nurse owned and led complex homecare provider. Working with adults and children in their own homes – we provide high quality care for clients with a wide range of conditions. We take pride in our care provision and take care of our staff.
We are currently seeking an ambitious, committed, dedicated and hardworking Regional Nurse Manager with ICU or complex care background, to work alongside our Clinical Directors in Gloucestershire and neighbouring counties.
· This key leadership role will provide truly bespoke and holistic care to HASCS’ service users. Develop, implement and maintain exceptional high standards of care to patients living in their own home. Ensure robust Clinical Governance framework is in place and work directly with the Clinical Directors.
· The role is fundamental to developing and implementing an effective strategy for the business by driving quality through ‘hands-on approach’, clinical excellence, positive outcomes and exemplary customer service.
· Ensure designated caseloads of care packages are running effectively, and performing-well clinically and operationally, fully abiding CQC Regulations and guidelines.
· As an experienced clinical leader, you’ll help deliver our newly-developed strategic ambitions and priorities. You’ll bring energy and fresh thinking to the way we work towards our vision through excellence, compassion and expertise
· Manage own caseload of Complex Care Clients/care packages – from referral, assessment, package design, mobilisation, delivery and ongoing quality measuring. Manage risks with comprehensive care planning and risk assessments; escalating HIGH level of risks to appropriate personnel. Day to day management of care packages includes:
- Complete clinical assessment, care planning, Risk Assessments, monthly audits, care package reviews as set within company time frames
- Regularly update the client file (electronic and paper based records
- Transcribing of a MAR chart (where applicable) and transcription evidence uploaded to PASS
- Liaise with MDT as and when it is required to ensure holistic care plan delivery
- Liaise with the CCG and case managers as and when it is needed
- To ensure robust documentation in in place – client visits, reviews, MDT meetings, etc
· Manage diary effectively & flexibly to meet the needs of your caseloads/care packages. Due to the nature of the business, this is not a 9:00 – 17:00 role. You must possess exemplary organisational skills to be able to multitask, prioritise workload and time management to ensure delivery of outcomes and goals in timely manner and meet strictest deadlines to facilitate and accommodate the following:
- carry out inductions for new members of staff
- support new carers with meet and greets
- mobilise new carers within care packages and competency sign-off and renewed yearly
- 3 and 9 month non-clinical spot check (can be completed by NM or RFTL)
- 6-month clinical supervision and probation
- To hold annual supervisions and appraisals
· Form part of the rapid response service for emergency cover and occasional weekend working may be required during mobilisation of new care packages or to cover care shifts when all other efforts to identify cover have failed.
· Ensure caseloads/care packages are adequately staffed through periods of holiday or sickness so as to minimise any disruption to the smooth and safe delivery of care.
· Provide training to allocated Regional Field Team Leader/s and care teams based on client’s clinical assessment
· Provide on call cover on a rotational basis for emergency call handling providing out of hours clinical advice and support for a week between 5pm & 9am.
· Work in partnership with other management team to provide seamless quality service to all stakeholders, high-level customer service ethos to ensure complex care clients are dealt with promptly and with the highest level of professionalism on every occasion. This includes supporting other Nurse Managers during mobilisation of care packages
· Working collaboratively with other Nurse managers, RFTLs and Clinical Directors company-wide rather than focusing on individual caseloads alone
· To lead by example, providing clear management and leadership whilst promoting and developing team spirit.
· Conduct Performance review process and 121’s with their direct reports aligning to company strategy.
· Provide mentorship and coaching to new clinical managers and Regional Field Team Leaders as dictated by the needs of the business and as agreed with line manager
· Ensure concerns or complaints received are dealt with in line with HR’s advise
· Manage and meet expected staff and client’s compliance in accordance with the CQC, other statutory bodies and HASCS policies & procedures.
· Work closely with and provide support to the Clinical directors as required, in a flexible and responsive way and to take on additional 'regional management' responsibility in the absence of line manager as agreed in advance for personal development and mentorship.
· Communicate and liaise with clinical managers to achieve effective knowledge sharing and appreciation of all complex care activity.
· Ensure appropriate procedures are in place/adhered to/measured for all clinical risk management
· Ensure robust and well planned/researched audits are carried out effectively and regularly
· Contribute towards social media and employee engagement strategy in areas of clinical need.
· Effectively report progress and achievements to the Executive Leadership Team
· Attend fortnightly Clinical Governance meetings to keep the team updated on their care package and provide support to other members of the team when needed
· Work effectively with the wider team to source, recruit and develop a wide and varied complex care workforce to meet the needs of existing client base and look for opportunities to develop the workforce to enable movement into new business areas in the locality, ensuring each team member is effectively, respectfully and regularly communicated with.
· Assess and respond to situations calmly and professionally always.
The position is subject to an enhanced criminal record check (DBS) and referencing.
For more information, contact HASCS on 02380177946.